I haven’t really been big on resolutions for a long time. I break them and then feel like a total failure and it just turns into a spiral of negativity. I also don’t do well with long-term goals because I’m more of the instant-gratification type. And all my education courses killed any inkling to reflect on past experiences. All of that just to say that this isn’t a “New Year, New Me” post.
I plan on staying my fanfuckintabulous self, thankyouverymuch. There *are* some things I do want to make sure I try this year though, so in an effort to be accountable and true to my list-loving self, here’s a list of things I want to try in January:
- Post at least once a week. I want to get better at having a creative outlet and get back to expressing myself.
- Go to the gym at least four times a week, every week for the entire month. No more slacking. I swear this is even better for my mental wellbeing than my physical health.
- Limit my sugar intake. If December taught me anything, is that my body reacts to sugar in a major way and it’s not a positive one. I had never noticed it before (effects of age I suppose) but any sugar intake above a small chocolate or sweet bread and my anxiety spiked. Over a few days of major goodie consumption, my skin felt parched no matter how much water I drank, and my tongue felt fuzzy no matter how much I brushed my teeth. Not cool.
- Do yoga at least twice this month –
Do any of you have any recommendations for any youtube yoga channels for beginners?
- Pack lunch four times a week. My wallet and my body will thank me. My taste buds will probably hate me. It’s all good though.
I wish I had the energy to do a year-in-review post for 2017, but just thinking about it exhausts me. Maybe I’ll put it on my February “things I want to try.”
May you all have a happy and blessed 2018!